Jasmine B selections

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A little birdie told me

Yes that's right folks i am turning into my mother,today i lay my son down to change his diaper,what was so different however is that i chose to use the couch instead of the changing table (tsk tsk ).so of course i had to leave him to go get a diaper,as i was rummaging through the mess that is my changing station i had a bad feeling and immediately thought to myself what if he poops on my pristine leather couches.So i dash back downstairs but alas i was too late,my couch had runny everything everywhere,oh boy i knew you were up to something a little birdie told me,this little birdie has told me alot of things of late,the time i rushed downstairs to find him gnawing gumming my phone,the time i dreamt of him having a diaper explosion in bed and he SOOO DID.
This little birdie however has timing problems it  is always informing me of issues after the fact.
This however reminded me of my dear mother who would always somehow know when i was up to no good, 'you ate the confectioners sugar didnt you' ... ' no mummy it fell on the ground and i  swept it out.' earning me a look of disapproval.Many a time she came to my room wanting to know what i was doing and as always i was up to no good, cutting up my clothes ( which i affectionately called restyling) , cutting my hair ( which i also called restyling) or cutting my poor dolls hair.
One famous incident occurred when i was 12,she left for i work,i was on summer break and i had a list of chores to do before evening,however i thought i could just watch the tv until 2pm and have a last minute rush finish up the chore before she came home..apparently that little conniving spying little birdie had a little conversation with my mother causing her untimely return 4 hours early,i was caught red handed with a bowl of sugar in one hand and the tv remote in the other.Needless to say that is the day i vowed revenge on every little bird..i still remember throwing stones at birds to ward them off our house lest they tell on me again.
I cant wait to use that little bird on my son one day.

1 comment:

  1. We had a little birdie at my house when i was growing up, too. My mother's constant companion!
    Enjoying your posts!
    Pax,
    N

    ReplyDelete