Jasmine B selections

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Of rocks and hard places

So we went to my sons cardiologist today and his heart condition had worsened thus prompting the verdict that he needs open heart surgery as soon as possible,He has been put on lasix while he awaits his surgery date.
I could all but gasp as my eyes transfixed on this doctor who asked for my permission to put in a request for surgery,so my choices were have this major surgery on his heart risk losing him,or not have him do this major surgery and still risk losing him.
I feel its quite unfortunate to have to make life altering decisions for the two very important people in my life the first one saw my father pass away ,basically a DNR order,i feel ill to the pit of stomach thinking about it.
Now for the second time in two years i have to make a hard decision i feel it unfair to have this happen to one person.I can only hope i make the right decision for my son.
so about 3 weeks from now he will have the surgery and i will have every bit of will and  sanity tested.I guess this is all part of being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment